Beyond just doing a Google search, if you want a bargain on airline ticket fares, here is a list of sites to begin with:
- Jet Blue
- Priceline – Auction-model, name your price.
- Southwest – Internet Specials.
Tips on what to do:
- Have a flexible schedule.
- Flying mid-week usually means cheaper tickets — usually Tuesday, Wednesday are the best.
- The earlier you purchase your ticket, the better the chances you have of getting a bargain. This can make the difference between a ticket that is $200 vs. $800. Plan in advance if you can.
- Ask for student, senior, and military discounts.
Do you know of other airline bargain-hunting sites? Please add your comments.