You have this great idea for a business or organization. Now what are you going to call it? Here are 5 suggestions:
- It’s easy to find a unique local name, but think globally.
- Make sure you can secure the domain name.
- Comcast – Communication Broadcast.
- FedEx – Federal Express.
- Google is a mis-spelling of Googol, the number, a one followed by 100 zeroes! A very big number which accurately represents their big ambitions.
- Raytheon – “Light of the gods.” Maker of missiles.
- Apple, eBay, Google, Pixar, Yahoo! are a few memorable names.
- No one likes to type a long domain name.
- Only one way to spell it (saves buying many domain names).
- Watch out for numbers mixed with letters.
2 replies on “What’s a good name?”
Wow. I really thought this blurb was interesting and completly relevant to creating a name. I wonder if we should follow the same rules for naming children?
People should be named the same way corporations are :)